Featured post

Welcome to House of Devlin

Hi guys so welcome to my blog that is a great place for me to share but also expand upon my my YouTube videos that I film for my youtube cha...

Saturday 13 February 2021

Todays Plan for Chest

So I've been up since just before dawn, and one of the advantages of waking early is that it gives you quite time to think and plan without the normal distractions of the day.

I found myself dedicating some of this time to planning what I hope to be a really hard but fun bench press session.

I'm now fully into my light phase and so this workout will feel very fresh to what I have done in the last few months.

My plan is start working my way up steadily to 110kg 242lb which when I reach I will attempt to lift for as many reps as poss. The long term target is 16reps, which on this weight is really quite achievable and once achieved a new target will be set.

However I doubt that will be achieved today and so, depending how mh body reacts to the weight, my plan is to do 3 max rep sets on 110kg, and then a breakdown series of sets.

As my breakdowns, the weights I choose will mostly likely be influenced by the weights on the bar. Almost certainly one also chooses the path of least effort under such circumstances so if the first set could be 100kg or 90kg but it matters very little, as my intention is to break the workout down until I can no longer lift at all.

Hahah safety bar needs to get ready as this is going to hurt!!

NB it's about-5°c in my home gym atm lol so warmups deffo are a requirement

No comments:

Post a Comment